New kit coming to Etsy at noon, 12pm, July 14th. (Mountain Time) ... And... It's your own personal bat cave!

 

While the world is on fire under the sun that leaves us all too scorched these days, how about taking a break in a deep, dark and dank cave? With some nice bats. Nothing left to fear when it comes to bats. All the horror story bats have already released their Cujoesque gifts upon us years ago. ( Yup, it's been that long....)  Let me assure you: your personal bat cave is safe this summer.

Welcome to the internal space where you can bite heads off. Your boss is a twat waffle? Your coworker a douche canoe? Life sucks and you just want to yell into the void for a bit? This is the space for it. Welcome to Your Personal Bat Cave.

Primal screech and upside down -inversion therapy optional. Soaring high towards the moon is mandatory. Become the batty bad girl you always knew you could be.


Making this necklace of course does not impart magical bat powers on you, but I wanted you to feel the feels I was stitching into this piece.


Here is me in my bat cave. In my room painted black because every house that has  a room without windows ought to be painted black on principle. As you can see the necklace is cool, earthy tones and black.  With a big tassel at the tip.

 The shape of this necklace is similar to my Poe necklace from 2018. That necklace featured some Swarovski items and I haven't redesigned it since Swarovski became a swearoffski word and I decided that they could stick their shinies where the sun don't shinie.

So a re-imagining was overdue. It's not the same silhouette, but very very similar. And it's not Halloweeny feely, more like earthy, cavey feely.

 This fact is due to the beautiful focals I got from Damyana Dimitrova of  Damyana Studio.   

Damyana is the gifted offspring or Vladislav Ivanov and Kremena Ivanova of Golem Studio. I suspect she was born with sculpting tools and the fantastical imagination so evident in everything she makes. Her work is magical.

She made the focals for me at least four years ago. And I loved the seemingly abstract, undulating shapes on the round ceramic cabochons. They reminded me of a cave.


                                                      With stalactites and stalagmites. 

And so I added lots of texture to enhance the cave-like feel. Czech pearls in stone like grey and sulfuric golden helped. And so did the pretty Chinese #POSTSWAROVSKI stones, bezeled in matte black and anthracite grey. The tassel at the bottom is like a hanging bat.

The necklace hangs from a silk covered cord made in Europe and closes with a Czech button. There is plenty of cord in the kits to make it longer if your neck is bigger than mine. And I paid extra special attention to making sure that this will fit itty bitty necks too. 

The backing is a beautiful piece of Italian lambskin in distressed silver.


 




I would wear this with black, white, yellow, grey and beige. It went well with this mustard shirt too. On black it looks great, it just did not show up against a black wall.  

The wing like portions are light and graceful and the whole piece feels light. This would be fine for people who don't like really big necklaces but still want to make a BIG statement.

I only have a limited number of these available. If you are tempted, make sure you get them at noon, July 14th, mountain time on Etsy.

Comments