St Incognito's Reliquary Kit- coming to Etsy in July

 

I see you there; eyeing my necklace. I see you coveting this fine and sacred object, fit for a catacomb saint.

Summer is long and hot, it's time to cool our minds off in marbled halls of sacred chambers. Ever since Paul Koudonaris'  Heavenly Bodies book came out, I have been fascinated by catacomb saints who were supposed early Christian martyrs buried in the Roman catacombs. ( In truth my fascination begun much earlier, going on pilgrimages all over Europe with my grandmother when I was a kid. I have seen some of these deadlings in person....)

These bodies were exhumed and pimped out in ornate, bejeweled garments and put on display all over Catholic Christendom to perform miracles and win back hearts of those  who have been flirting with Reformation. 

Since we are talking about random bones with no provenance here; the  parishes who were suddenly in possession of a catacomb saint had to invent names, histories, miracles attributed. There were so many of these new saints that eventually they ran out of names and that's how St. Incognito happened.

My St. Incognito was made of ox bone in Indonesia. But if you disregard that and pretend that he has been carved of the real thing, you will also believe me when I tell you that the German cab with the image of the immaculate heart under his skull has been dipped into the the redeemer's own blood and hence the color changing effect. I might be also able to persuade you that the  wee crown this kit comes with which is  aged silver plated brass was once the crown of a fairy of Lady Cottington's acquaintances. As for the velvet cord that was manufactured for me in the EU, that of course must have been woven by a miller's daughter  and don't you say anything about Rumpelstiltskin, please. Or the bridge I am trying to sell you.

You can have this kit in any color, as long as it's exactly the color shown here.

The velvet cord in your kit will be longer of course than you see on my sample. This is not a piece you want dangling between the girls, it's designed to fit a little higher up, but regardless of your neck size, you will have plenty of velvet to work with. 
You kit will contain a Green Girl Studios button from my stash. I have a variety of them, so this one item out of all the things pictured may be different from what you see. The size will be the same, but instead of a mermaid you may receive a frog or a wolf by random selection.


All that sparkles here is  #POSTSWAROVSKI: My new designs are  happily free of Swarovski crystals. Here the sparkle is Preciosa rondelles coated by E.H.Ashley. I am not beyond using Swarovski crystals from my stash simply because it would be foolhardy to just throw them away just because they are jerks, but moving forward I will not spend a dime on them. Plenty of exciting sparkle  out there for grabs by companies who don't bite the hand that feeds them. And E. H. Ashley puts their dreamy finishes on all that glitters. The sun color crystals in this project are glacier blue coated by them, creating that strangely mesmerizing glow. 

The freshwater pearls  I used have a lovely bronze color; a perfect counterpoint to the rich sparkly blue and gold iris seed beads. The backing- as usual- is Metallic Italian lambskin. Only the best!

This kit will be available on Etsy in July. It will be $125, and instead of printed out instructions; it will come with a video course which is a lot more in depth, and no trees die in the process.  (Not all my kits will go this route in the future, but this one is a perfect candidate for it.) The video is not on a cd, not on a thumb drive or a floppy: you just log into my new website after I send you a link to it upon purchasing the kit, and you will have permanent access to your learning materials without having to download anything. 


Ownership of this kit guarantees reduction of years spent in purgatory. Completing the project expunges all sorts of sins without the need of participating in any war. In fact, here at Crimson Frog Designs, we are all pretty much anti war. Have I mentioned that the necklace bestows good health upon the creator and may perform other miracles as well? 




Comments

Popular Posts