Etsy Beadweaver Team challenge, this time, on time



Here is my new piece, created for the EBW Team's December Challenge,the theme was Simon and Garfunkel-Songs of Inspiration.

The song I chose was A Church Is Burning.

"A church is burning
The flames rise higher
Like hands that are praying
Aglow in the sky
Like hands that are praying
The fire is saying,
"You can burn down my churches
But I shall be free."

I wanted to make a fierce-some necklace with fires and smoke swirling towards the sky, the praying hands are being represented by the orange center stone.I wanted it to be a strong statement, all swirling lines, as if painted, no place for the eye to rest, but I also wanted it to have beauty and balance that lifts it above it's immediate imagery...
In order for viewing this piece one must first look at it from afar, so the lines all come together to form the fire and smoke, then take a closer look to reveal the details that add up to the whole.
It was a challenge to create a piece that is so symbolic, fluid, asymmetrical, and yet has an organic flow and balance. I tried to incorporate negative spaces instead of many colorful gems, as if singed by flames.

Please visit our team blog, www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com (http://www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com) between the 9th and 15th and vote for your favorite entry.

What fun I had with this one! It was more like a painting then a piece of jewelry, how it came to be. But then again my paintings look very much like my jewelry, and when it comes down to it it's all the same, right?

Comments

  1. I love this piece Kinga. Really from the heart and lovely to boot. Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts