The Notes Not Played bracelet

Miles Davis said " It's not the notes you play, it's the notes you don't play." I would like to pretend I know exactly what he was talking about, because I could talk about jazz all night, but I would be lying. It's a subject I know very little about. But the quote has been on my mind because of the way it applies to life. The things we don't say. The things we don't do. How the way they define what we say or do more than our words of place holders of actions.

Not to mention negative space. How what isn't there is as important in defining the outcome of a piece of a jewelry even more than all the things we manage to pile on. How the carefully crafted spaces, absences, missing bits become the most important thing about something. Take this bracelet. Cleverly interlocking circles with a minimal variety of the fine materials take the place of focals and weight.
It' the space between the components that's this composition's most prized part. It's like crotchless undies. It's a frame only, and what is exposed is you. Your wrist.  You are the focal. You are the thing seen.
The Notes Not Played Bracelet comes in The House of the Rising Sun colorway. And....
The Purple Rain colorway.
Both of these will be available as kits, on 8/4/2021 at 10:00 am on Etsy. Purple Rain is going to set you back $85, and The House of the Rising Sun will be $105. ( It has 24 gold plate seed beads.)

Both have pretty drawstring cords making it comfy for peeps who have 6.5-8.5 inches wide wrists. Do you have a tiny wrist? I have solutions for you too, just message me at the time of your purchase.
I am not going to lie. I am very fond of this design. Its intricate interwoven nature and its ways to be customized a hundred different ways with different beads will keep me busy for a while. These two easy to reproduce colorways have been super fun to bead up, but I have about 8 more varieties hunting me day and night to make as one of a kind pieces for fun. I am really digging this concept.
It's just a concept with an awful lot of potential. I would suspect that peeps who buy the kit would then go off on their own and create their own versions of The Notes Not Played.
Here is what these bad girls look like on. Excuse the worn  off nail polish. Or not. Maybe with nail polish too, it's as much about what isn't there as it is about what's there.

 

Comments