Big announcement!

 If we know each other, you might have heard about my intentions of writing a beady book. I have been talking about it for at least four years now. I have had the the outline for it for a while too. The real problem is that I simply can't take months off to finish it. Work gets in the way. The book is a labor of love but love doesn't pay the bills. 

And so the book has been on the back burner for a while. It's such a lovely concept: each chapter focuses on a set of techniques creating a method to get a certain look. It's a method book. I always said the way I would like the book to feel and look like is the sort of cookbook that you sit on the couch with to get inspired and then raid your fridge and pantry to make something you did not think you even could, but the book made it possible.

 Each method has its own chapter, and I'd explain through examples how to achieve that certain look. And you, beady friend could look in your stash and cook up whatever I am talking about instead of having to purchase very specific beads. It's not a project based approach, it's an idea/method based approach to empower you to work with what you already have. Work your stash Baby, and get happy!

Well, like I said it's not as if the end to the process is around the corner. So far the only thing I have done with one of the chapters is to teach it to exactly 5 people who won a chance at this one time preview class and also won all sorts of fancy supplies - by donating to my fundraiser to support the ACLU. That was almost 2 years ago. I asked them for secrecy, so the "method" would remain under cover.

As I am not sure how and when the book will physically manifest itself, it is time to do something with at least the one concept the fundraiser class focused on. That's how a master class came to mind. Honoring the initial idea for the book and keeping it BYOB, ( bring your own beads), this is quite a different concept from anything else I have ever taught.

While I have not worked out the details for every aspect of the master class in question, here are the things you should know if you are interested:

-This online master class is going to be taking place in the winter.

-The master class is going to be broken down into weekly segments. There will be pre-recorded parts, and you will have access to them after the class too. There will be live -interaction parts too making it worthwhile to attend, even though you would have access to the recordings too.

-There will be 5-7 weeks worth of classes, allowing you to work on your project and get plenty of feedback.

-Months before the class I will email you to suggest materials you might want to bring. Like I said, this is mostly a BYOB affair. You could work from your entire stash, but I would love to give you ideas for what I would focus on, so you do have just the right things in front of you when you start. I would also make recommendations for specialty items. Let's say you are smitten with the opals in my samples? I will make sure you know where they came from. I obviously don't have a never ending supply list for materials, and the different samples through which I will demonstrate the guiding principles of the "Stepping Stone" method feature many one of a kind items, but like I said: this process is not about you buying the same things you see on these pictures and making a replica of any of these pieces. It's mostly about getting you to  create your own beautiful necklaces and bracelets guided by the principles I will explain in great detail.

-Did I say necklaces and bracelets? Yes, both, I will separately focus in different segments on each.

-But what if you really really want a kit? Well, I will possibly be able to accommodate orders for partial kits. You could buy your sterling opals from the Mother of Opals and I could make up a partial kit for something similar to this.

This is one example of the Stepping Stone Method.

                                      

 Here is another necklace. Shipwreck. Shipwreck has sea porcelain focals, so she is purely one of a kind. Unlike the opal one above, if you wanted to make things similar to this, you would be a lot more have to get creative with your materials.

                                           This is me wearing shipwreck, back in 2020. 

Let's just tempt you with some bracelets too: Here are Stepping Stone bracelets from my stash. I have more. As time goes on, I will post pictures of more to make this master class business more irresistible.

I realize my tastes tend toward the bougie, decadent and opulent when it comes to focals. I will have samples featuring more attainable and equally gorgeous budget friendly options. But for now, contemplate these droolworthy treasures.



                            

Today is August 22nd. I will have more information about this master class in about a month. Please look for it on Facebook and here, in a blog update. It would help me a lot in planning if you could let me know if you are interested in participating, of course this does not mean that you would have to sign up. I am only looking for interest at this point. You could either comment on Facebook when I post about the master class, or email me at kinganichols@yahoo.com.



Comments

Popular Posts